The Individual injured worker groups are made up of Injured Workers from different working backgrounds. As a Network we endeavour to provide a safe non-judgemental organisation, and build these groups throughout the Melbourne Metropolitan and Regional areas to assist Injured Workers and their families through the stressful and often demeaning period associated with the Workcover System.
The aims of the Injured Workers Support Network (IWSN) are:
- to assist and support workers who have sustained work related injuries.
- to provide and share information and experiences with the workers compensation system, including the rights and obligations of injured workers.
- to assist and encourage injured workers to establish links with other organisations and support groups who can assist in their welfare.
- to break their isolation by meeting other injured workers, who themselves are going through the same Workcover System.
- to ensure injured workers have the correct information which is independent of the Workcover system.
- To be part of a movement to campaign for better rights for Injured Workers into the future.
You don’t have to go through the WorkCover System on your own.